Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, November 16, 2009
I've been on a few trail hikes before. I knew my way around the woods and how to deal with different conditions in the woods. I thought I was invincible. However, there was one expedition that brought me back to the harsh reality that I am as fragile as anyone is when they venture into unknown territory.

My friends and I planned to go hiking one weekend. We made the necessary preparations and even carried some extra emergency supplies as we knew that this was not one of the regular routes that we took when we wanted to go have some adventures. We packed some signal flags, flashlights, food, water, and walkie-talkies. We planned to go in pairs and to always be within earshot. These basics somehow slipped my mind as I was in a hurry to break away from the group to answer nature's call behind a bush.

Things happened so fast that I suddenly realized that I couldn't hear them anymore. I knew that I was in trouble because I couldn't see their tracks. I slowly made my way back to where I thought I split off from them but it seemed that they pushed on without me. I pulled out my signal flag and held it high hoping that its bright color could be seen through the dense woods. I moved in the direction I though was toward higher ground and waited on a hill. In a few hours, they found me and said that the first thing they saw was my emergency signal flag.


by: The Flagman