Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, February 9, 2009
When I was a kid, I used to attend a bible school. It's a form of religious education that concentrates or focuses on elementary school-aged children. It regularly holds a week long event during summer, though the lengths of such program may vary. The "curriculum" includes Bible stories, religious song, arts and crafts, skits, or puppet shows, parlor and bible games and so on which I enjoyed then.

Every morning we have this, what we call opening worship or devotion where everybody has to fall in line at the back according to their age level (preschool, younger elementary, middle elementary and older elementary) and will march towards the chairs provided for each level. There would be at least one representative assigned per level to carry the bible and put it in the altar, to bring the Christian flag and the National flag to where it should be placed, to lead in reciting the pledge to the Christian flag, and to give a prayer. It's a routine, a bit similar to the flag ceremony we have in school minus the bible plus the Christian flag. Vacation Bible School is the only event of the year where I've noticed that flag was being used, so unusual that has caught me interested and for that I always volunteered myself in bringing it since nobody does.

I never knew its importance till I started attending Bible School teacher's training. I've learned that the Christian flag is one of the oldest unchanged flags and the only free flag in the world, no one owns it; not a single group. It's universal and independent. Everyone can use it regardless of nationality, religion or denomination and so on. Like any other flag, each color and symbol has its meaning. The white portion of the flag manifests purity and peace, the blue stands for faithfulness, truth, and sincerity and the Red signifies the sacrifice and the blood shed by Christ on Calvary that is represented by the cross.

And that's it, if they only knew. Well, those were the days when we still are innocent and heedless and we only want to play and nothing else. Fortunately, I am now a teacher and it's a great opportunity to reach people especially children and preschoolers during the summer months, helping and leading them to the Lord. Seeing those kids sometimes makes me nostalgic and grateful for all the experience I gained.


by: The Flagman