Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, July 21, 2008
Once I attended a seminar on cure and prevention of prostate cancer, a malignant disease that affects one in every six Americans. I found out that it is curable when diagnosed early on because a variety of treatment can be applied to prevent the spread to other organs of the body. What is really needed is an effective information campaign particularly on the symptoms once it manifests so one can immediately visit special centers for treatment.

On my way to the seminar, I saw a series of awareness banners not only outside but also inside the seminar venue. The flags were so simple, not even a word was printed on it except for a simple diagram of a ribbon in plain light blue. True to my analysis, this is a message for our fight against prostate cancer. The presence of these in strategic places will give us the impetus to be really cognizant of the fact that it exists within our midst.

Also during the seminar, participants were given pins, a diagram of a light blue ribbon which we were asked to wear to keep other people informed of the importance of submitting to medical check-ups to prevent unnecessary sufferings or even death.

There are other awareness flags that are posted on the street poles, on entrance canopies and even on blank walls, simply to remind us of the necessity.

In one of my trips to the supermarket, I saw to my amazement that a diabetes awareness flag stares at me and suddenly I feel the urge to bring my children for screening. Having been aware that diabetes not only affects the adults but the children as well.


by: The Flagman