Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I chanced upon an interesting game on the Internet that is about identifying the different flags of the countries of the world. As each flag is shown you are to give an answer, also you will be guided by a series of clues about the important attributes of the country that fly this particular flag. Naturally I was hooked and started the process.

I opted for 20 world flags and to really test my mettle, I've decided to forego using the clues and identified the flags pointblank. At the end of the game, I was only able to name seven of the 20 and that includes the flag of Canada and Mexico who happen to be across the border neighbors; the United Kingdom because I visited the place twice; Australia because the Sydney Opera fascinates me; Japan because I associate it with
Hiroshima and Nagasaki; Malaysia because of the Petronas Tower; and the Philippines because I have some friends that I chat occasionally.

The result already made me happy at least even if I am not a vacation buff my memory still gave me an honorable rating. But, then my daughter who is a fourth grader entered the picture and did the quiz all over again and the result, she identified 18 of the 20 flags shown to her. Imagine my consternation having been beaten soundly by a fourth grader. I am not in the league of my own daughter, not even near.

Well to ease my disappointment, I have to think that maybe I'm just getting old and my memory have started to take its toll from the long hours at work and maybe a lot of maybes - given proper preparation, I could have performed better.


by: The Flagman