Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, August 25, 2008
I missed my parents badly, they separated when I was still a tot and I grew up in the care of different foster families. But, the intervening years have been good if not the best. I had my share of 4th of July parties, flag day, thanksgiving and my foster parents sees to it that I could attend the best summer camps.

While I was stationed overseas, Asia in particular, that was the time when I craved for my parents company. Alone in a foreign land, I lived irritably, hardly a nice fellow to be with and really cynical about things that happen around me and in the office. But, I learned to accept the fact that I'm here to stay and slowly metamorphose into one lovable guy.

There are times though that I can't help but remember my parents who are probably in their golden years now and if they are happy with their new families and children. In one rare 4th of July, I asked a local Home for the Aged Institution - was it Golden Acres, I can't remember - if I could celebrate the day with them and in return I will provide the food and bring with me entertainers to spice up the occasion.

Well as I entered the social hall, I can't help but notice that it was decorated with American fan flags and the overall ambience was really patriotic with hefty use of reds, whites and blues.

I was introduced to the golden crowd and we had dinner, after which entertainers followed suit. Into the night all danced with the music provided, and I can almost feel that my parents are with the crowd.

It was the best 4th of July party I had in years.


by: The Flagman