Previous Posts
Archives

Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Summer is always a season to look forward to; it is the season wherein the unforgiving summer heat assails. Because of this heat, it became a tradition of our family to have our vacation at the beach every summer. One of the most unforgettable summer vacation I had is when we went to the pristine tropical island of Boracay in the Philippines.

The island is located 315 km south of the Philippine's capital city Manila. Despite of this degree of distance from Manila, getting into the island is relatively easy because of the nation's improved transportation system. You just have to ride on a small ship after arriving into Cebu city in order to get there. It was about 7 pm when we arrived into the island, and all of us directly went to the hotel in order to have some rest. We stayed on a fabulous seaside hotel, and we are lucky to have the rooms that directly face the gulf.

Next morning, I overslept and woke up at 9:30 am; I hurriedly jumped out of my bed and excitedly went into the viewing room. The view there just took my breath away; I opened the glass door and the invigorating summer winds pierced my body as I walked into the veranda. The panoramic view of the gulf was so wonderful that I can't help to smile. The wide, sky-blue horizon is somewhat embellished by few windswept clouds; then as I shifted my vision downward, I saw the clear blue waters of Boracay radiating an aura that somewhat invites me to swim and play there. The seaside was that of clear white sands decorated with some colorful feather flags that happily waves as the wind blows were just like what I always see on the travel magazines. The perimeter of the beach is lined with coconut trees decorated with lively pennant streamers. When I was finished marveling at the beauty of the island for the first time; I just knew that I will have a great time there.


by: The Flagman