Previous Posts
Archives

Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

In all my years spent making flags, I’d like to divulge some of my secrets which are actually basic in nature. Several times, I use faith flags measuring five feet or more on a fishing rod. Attaching these on rods will give the proper height to guarantee visibility. The fishing rod is also ideal because it is convenient and tough. I take the last foot out since it tends to bend too much. I also like the biblical connotation of the fishing rod as we gather lost souls and bring them back to God.

The length of the flag will say a lot about the right size of rod to use. When using a flag measuring seven feet long, it will also require a seven-foot rod at least. When using a flag measuring twelve feet long, it will also require a twelve-foot rod at least. This is the general rule that I follow. Wooden dowels and metal spinning rods are also used to make spinning flags.

For smaller flags, I use contact paper measuring just 1.5 inches within the flag. This will ensure that I sew in a straight line along the sleeve. This also results to a great fit around a dowel measuring 3/8 inch. The spacing from the flag and handle is made using vinyl tubing measuring 3/8 inch, while a wooden ball measuring 1.5 inch will be great as a handle. As soon as the faith flag is placed on the rod, the tip of the dowel will need a cap to hold the flag in place and keep it from flying off.

Labels: , , ,



by: The Flagman