Previous Posts
Archives

Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Thursday, April 24, 2008
During parades and ceremonies, we almost always find flag bearers who patiently carry the flags despite the long hours spent on marching and standing still. I can't help but admire the courage and endurance that these flag bearers possess because I know for a fact that it is very difficult to carry the flags since it is a bit heavy and considering the long period, it is pretty obvious that one would have to tire out.

As I came across a flag bearer, I asked how he has managed to bear the flag for the entire duration of the ceremony. He told me that he just got used to it since he has been doing it for 4 years straight now. And he added that flag bearers are required to use flagpole carrying belts that's why they do not necessarily have to endure the entire weight of the flag at all times. That's one trick they use to help them keep the flags in position, likewise helping them maintain their balance. Since I'm not familiar with flagpole carrying belts, I asked him to show me the gadget. He even demonstrated how effective it was.

So here is what I've discovered with the demonstration. Flagpole carrying belts are attached to the flag bearer's body where it is securely tightened to ensure that the flag would stay in position. And it can be adjusted to fit the flag bearer's body since its function is similar to a belt. Once it is fitted to the body, you can go marching and enjoy the festivities even for very long periods.


by: The Flagman