Previous Posts
Archives

Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Sunday, April 20, 2008
The first time I went online to learn about flagpole, I was so surprised with the number of questions that I needed to ask myself before I purchased a pole. I called the 800 number to get some help and the sales person had a number of questions they asked.How high would your flagpole be? Would you want a one-piece flagpole or in multiple sections? What material would you want to use, aluminum or fiberglass? Would it be an internal or external halyard system? I always thought that by visiting the stores, I would just have to choose over designs and colors. But then, it proved me wrong because I have to decide over a number of things before I could get hold of my very own flagpole.

The first two questions were quite easy because I just had to call my husband about the length of the pole and since it was not too high, we ought to purchase a one-piece flagpole. Besides, we would not want to extend the pole in the coming years because we will not be able to appreciate the beauty of the flag. With the third question, we had to weigh our odds because both options are good but the prices greatly vary. Nevertheless we ended up choosing the fiberglass material because we wanted a pole that could withstand the salty air next to the ocean. Would it be an internal or external halyard system? I was completely stunned by the question because I had no idea what the salesperson was referring to. However, when he started to explain to me the difference, I effortlessly choose the internal halyard system . What convinced me is the mere fact that it is more appropriate to use when the flag is raised and stays permanently, besides the pulley system is inside the pole.


by: The Flagman