Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, August 25, 2008
Sadly I'm not a party person, I will try to shun parties if I can help it, I want to be alone. But there are times when I have to, particularly those that pertain to company mandated gathering which makes me uneasy and unfriendly.

One time my boss organized a luau party and everybody from the office are requested to attend for there will be some important announcement at the close of the party. I froze in my seat, what is a luau party anyway? Naturally since I am not oriented towards social norms in life, the word alone seems foreign. I have to do research from my laptop to be familiar with it, what to wear, eat and probably drink in the party, not become just a wasp in the wall.

When I arrived at the party venue, I immediately noticed a large luau flag patterned after a Hawaiian multi-colored shirt with leis of flowers and obviously together with dark sunglasses. The party was impressive set against the swimming pool as backdrop and hundreds of custom mini flags of different colors. The waiters are likewise attired in grass skirts and the men are in flower printed shorts and no shirt at the top.

Guests are offered leis as they enter and are offered fruit juices or punch made from rum and fruit juice. By the drinks and finger foods alone, you seem to have the extra push and not even noticed that you are already enjoying the party. When dinner was announced everybody were already in the festive mood and when authentic dancers danced the hula, some of the guests were happy gyrating with the tempo of the music.

It was one party I will never forget.


by: The Flagman