Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Wednesday, September 3, 2008
The first time I was in New York City, my mom brought me to Rockefeller Center to view the Christmas tree with its 30,000 lights and also did some shopping. Since it was the season of advent, the trip had a magical meaning for it struck me as the most beautiful place on earth.

The experience had a lasting effect for it brought me back as a College student. I selected New York out of the many Universities available then, simply because of the single visit that kept me mesmerized and forever etched in my memory.

I used to frequent the Rockefeller Center together with my girlfriend then, particularly during the Christmas Season because it seems to strengthen our relationship and brought us to a new level. In fact when I proposed marriage, I did it down on my knees holding the ring at the center of the ice skating rink. Unmindful of the stares of those around us, but reinforced by the presence of the giant Christmas tree and the various world flags and seasonal flags of the GE Building as backdrop.

With the golden statue "Prometheus" by Paul Manship as witness, we sealed our engagement. Then we proceeded to the magnetic outdoor plaza and had cocktails to celebrate the occasion.

After a year, we got married and again we had New York City for our honeymoon. We splurge in supreme luxury at the rainbow rooms at the very top looking out over the city.

On rare occasions, we still visit the big apple, revive memories and dance the night out at the top of one of the highest skyscraper in the city.


by: The Flagman