Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, September 1, 2008
My work almost always include a two to three weeks visit to our field office in Philadelphia, doing things like an ocular inspection, review sales report, interview new applicants, lecture on new company policies and approve annual budget. But, literally the trip is a junket because work is just slight, accommodations is paid for by the company giving me enough leeway to roam around as a local tourist.

On my first trip to the City, I've decided to just walk around jog a little to stretch my legs, the day being a Saturday. Without intending to, I saw a residential flagpole in front of a building. Naturally, I came nearer to investigate and what greeted me was the name Betsy Ross.

I was stunned for a moment because my sense of history was misguided, I thought all along that this famous landmark is somewhere else.

Then I knew that no visit to historic Philadelphia is complete without a peep inside the home of the famous flagmaker. The location of the Betsy Ross house is at the heart of Philadelphia's historic square mile, at 239 Arch Street, just a few blocks away from the Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell.

So, I entered paid the 5dollar entrance fee and be engulfed with the feeling of history, essentially since the tour includes audio description of the rooms as we moved along.

Then we proceeded to the shady courtyard for drinks and snacks. I'm hooked with Betsy Ross and the American Flag. And every time I'm in the City, it is always a must that I spend some time with Betsy Ross.


by: The Flagman