Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I used to envy friends that have their houses marked with "gone fishing" during the summer. I am not wealthy in a sense because my family does not own a vacation house in Florida or somewhere else. So together with my wife and son, we just frequent beaches during the summer months.

One time my close buddy and his family were vacationing to Switzerland, making their Florida vacation house free for the summer. He offered if I would be interested to take my summer in Florida, obviously before he can even complete his invitation, I already accepted. This time, my house will also have a "gone fishing" sign.

My cheery disposition may have shown on my face because my wife noticed immediately and after a few exchange, we were already deep in preparation for the trip. Right away, I asked government agencies concerned for fishing permits and shopped not only for food but also rods, fishing line and baits.

Off we go. The vacation house fronts one of the best freshwater fishing ground in Florida, it has a wooden pier and on it docked a medium sized boat. The next day the three of us were up and about at 5 in the morning, bringing to the boat provisions for the expedition. And when we are about to leave my son noticed that the mast does not have a custom boat flag. He alighted and ran to the garage and look for anything that could serve as makeshift flag. Luckily, he found from among the piles a medium sized American flag, one probably used during the 4th of July celebration.

So, with the flag hoisted we began our summer escapade.


by: The Flagman