Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, September 2, 2008
One time I came home to a quite house, my 9-year old daughter was nowhere for she always hugged me as I enter the living room. I could not also find my wife, but dinner has been cooked, so the two must be around and busy with something else.

I proceeded upstairs and changed to casual clothes after which I entered my daughter's bedroom. My wife was doing work on the computer and my daughter was sprawled on the floor beside a large globe of the world and a book on the flags of the different countries. They were so preoccupied with their work that they failed to notice me entering the room, not until I said something that they finally acknowledged my presence.

My daughter asked me to help, on the work at hand and we can only have dinner after we're through with the assignment. I found out later that they were matching country flags and locating the said country on the globe. Why is this so important, I asked my daughter? Well, she said we are going to have an oral examination and my teacher is giving us a corresponding grade for the most country and matching world flag we can identify.

Tomorrow is United Nations Day dad, this oral examination is part of the celebration of the special day. It left me wondering if how many countries she could match, considering that as of last count, 189 member countries are already part of the United Nations.

The very next day, I came home to see my family relaxed in the dining area, talking and munching something as if in celebration. I passed dad, my daughter beamed, but five other students beat me in the contest.


by: The Flagman