Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Thursday, January 22, 2009
It's Sunday morning, specifically the third Sunday of the month. It's the time where I get to spend some "quality time" with my father. After realizing that, I jumped out of my bed and swept aside the curtains the window and looked outside to see if there is some kind of storm approaching. Apparently there isn't; the sun shines brightly across the perfect blue sky. When the weather is this good for this time of the month, it usually translates to my day being crappy -- meaning my dad would choose to spend "our quality time" at the golf club with his friends who are also in their 50's!

So there we are at the golf club at 8:45 am; "and so my torment begins" I mused as we entered its gates. The place is as usual wonderful; a large, smooth-sloped, grass-covered area which the golfers love. There are also some areas of the field covered with tall, magnificent trees and usually beside them is a cool, green pond. The only thing that contrasts this view is the number labeled golf flags placed on the holes which reminded me how long my day at the club will be. The time is 9:30 am, and my dad and his colleague were at last done with their seemingly endless conversation about some business stuff and were ready to play. I preferred to stay at the clubhouse and watch them play from afar than by playing some sport which I have no interest of. A few hours passed and it seems like it was forever; watching the golfers adjust the force of how they hit the golf ball for several minutes makes me sleepy and there are those golf flags who tirelessly wave as the wind pass through them. It seemed like its graceful wave is endless and so is my stay at the club.

At the end, I actually survived for lunchtime; and as always we had a delicious lunchtime at the clubhouse. By the time we are about to go home, I could trace the joy in my father's face and it was all that takes to make my day and look forward to our next bonding time. I never quite understood why he likes to golf so much, I didn't bother that much to understand him anyway; all I knew is that it made him happy and that's what all that matters.


by: The Flagman