Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Wednesday, February 25, 2009
As a kid in elementary school, I had resigned over a hundred times into leading my batch mates in our everyday (or was it weekly?) flag ceremony all because I was class president. As a kid, I never paid much attention to my country. Maybe because I was too busy paying attention to another kid's. I never enjoyed singing along with the other kids my age during the national anthem part, not that I enjoy it now. I had hoped to be a better citizen during my growing up years.

Now that I have grown up though, all that I had given to my innocent childhood hope is a generous amount of chagrin. I do not see why I should hope to be a better citizen. Besides, all the politicians are working their asses off to be just that. So why compete? But I did hope I had given interest to my foundation of history. I never knew much about it. Not even a tiny bit about our shiny, reputable school flag . But every nation's flag is deemed reputable right? So that does not make our flag any better than any other nation's except that it is so much better than Japan's, with regards to design, that is.

I wish I had given interest in the life of our national hero Jose Rizal in high school, because now that I think about it, his life is really remarkable. But then again he would not be our national hero if his it wasn't, right? Before I talk about something entirely unrelated here, all I am saying is that, why can't we be just like elementary kids. Young and innocent, but full of hopes and dreams for our country, involuntarily nationalistic just by their sheer interest in singing the, Lupang Hinirang. I mean, come on, almost everybody has answered Bayang Magiliw once in his life when asked what our national hymn is. I myself am not an exception. Why can't I be a loyal citizen?

People, I am not talking about patriotism here. I'm just not.


by: The Flagman