Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Friday, June 19, 2009
A friend once asked me why I write poems and essays that focus on everything bright and happy about the world. I wasn't surprised he asked that since during our college days, I would always prefer "happy" literature over the dramatic ones. When given a writing homework, I would also end up submitting pieces that revolved around the idea of the world as a paradise where all things are beaming and vibrant. So I told my friend that it was just my way of going about things. Optimistic sounding pieces make me feel calm and relaxed. As Anthony J. D'Angelo once said, "Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."

Well I don't only depend on good literature to keep me up and going and in stride with the challenges of life. I also love listening to feel good music, either the type that can lull me to sleep, or the ones that can make me tap my foot in a rhythmic groove. Aside from that, I also am fond of watching funny videos over the internet, and some comedy shows on the television. Almost everything I do has a tinge of a feel good beat to it, except for some serious moments. Anyway, before the sun shines, darkness is at its fullest. And sometimes, in order to be Mr. Brightside, somebody has to also experience gloom once in a while.

Well, yes I can consider myself a Mr. Brightside for most of the time. My mission: to spread the feel good feeling whenever wherever. My weapon: my smile. As they say, a sincere smile is always contagious for it never fails to elicit a smile in return. For that, I might actually buy a lot of Smiley Face Flags. I'll erect these flags wherever I go. That way, I wouldn't be only bringing my own sunshine. I also get to leave it for everyone to see.


by: The Flagman