Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, June 8, 2009
When I was in college, the most awaited event after the winter break was the school's annual Spring Dance festival. The festival will be held for a day one week after the winter break ends. It is such a fun and lively event that even the lord of the nerds is excited for it. The spring dance is obviously all about dancing, it is a day spent for dancing competitions and presentations by various school departments. Be it with duets, quartets or groups, it sure is a time when the stage is filled with the fresh and lively vibe of spring. This annual event is certainly one of the reasons why I think my school is the best.

During my sophomore year, I finally got the nerve to try out for the spring dance group competition, but sadly I was rejected by our department choreographer saying that I was too short. So I directed my attention to other means in which I can help with the event, I applied as a volunteer for the decorations and props committee. Luckily, they could always use one more of a helping hand and they assigned me to the street banners and streamers that should be placed all over the campus activity grounds. It sure was a lot of work hanging those banners, but it all paid off since the result was astounding. The walkway lightpost that leads to the school's main entrance was ornamented with attractive spring banners and the grounds where the event will be held were made livelier with wonderful pennant streamers. The rest of the decorations also looked good including the stage.

Even though I didn't get to compete on that event, I still felt proud of myself. I felt that way because even though I was rejected for the competitions, in some other way I was still able to help make the event successful. And that was one of the life lessons I learned during college. If you want to really help, there is no such thing as the only way.


by: The Flagman