Previous Posts
Archives

Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, May 6, 2008
One of the more pronounced rewards in travels are the few minor surprises that meets you as you enter a new territory. It could be a well manicured landscape, a really appealing building or meet some new people along the way.

In one of my sojourn to the Midwest, as I took a cab from the airport to my hotel, I noticed that boulevards to the central business district are all the same, features that becomes dull once you've been to different places. But for a new traveler these are all impressive. Then the cab took a right turn and there it was the most enchanting surprise I had in my life. What I saw was an array of flutter or feather flags placed at intervals along both sides of the street. I asked the cab driver to slowdown, since they seem lightweight and as the breeze touches it, it sways and dances in unison reminding me of the simple yet elegant variation in a swan lake repertoire. Only that this time, what unfolds is a synthetic composition made of canvas and with a slogan written across it.

These are simple pleasures in life, that even though how preoccupied we are in life there will always be moments where we pause and appreciate the simple things that surprises us. In my case this was a series of flutter of feather flags that was placed in an isolated strip of highway but has blended serenely with the dense vegetation.

I may sound boring and eccentric, but that's how I describe the beautiful composition of flutter flags that for a fleeting moment held me spellbound.


by: The Flagman