Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I've always been fascinated with children, since they project a sense of honest joy, of pure innocence, latent helplessness, an aura that shows when you are around them. I really have a soft heart when it comes to children, because I feel that being small they must be cared for considering that they still could not communicate.

When my girlfriend of four years got pregnant, I immediately proposed and got married because I refuse to envision my child growing alone without a father. To show my commitment to my wife's pregnancy, I would go with her to the OB for pre-natal check-ups

As the week of her dday, that is delivery came, I filed a 15day paternity leave so I will be beside my wife. When the day came, I volunteered to be at the labor/delivery room, coaching my wife on how to follow the instructions of the doctor. I guess I felt fine at the start, but when things started to turn messy and blood starts to come out, I turned pale and collapsed.

Later, the nursing staff informed me that I had a 7-pound baby boy and that my wife is well and recovering. I could not contain my excitement, I went to the nursery and there I saw my flesh and blood for the first time.

To cover up for my debacle at the delivery room, I brought dozens of balloons, clusters of flowers and baby flags to decorate the private room of the hospital. And when my wife was finally wheeled in, she was so elated for the extra effort.

The feeling is really different, it's great to be a father.


by: The Flagman