Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Thursday, September 18, 2008
I was watching an Olympic qualifying bout in boxing and I have to stare at the TV screen more intently because I could not identify the country custom flags of the two protagonists. Not even the name of the country was legible enough for they were so small at the upper left hand corner of the screen.

For two rounds the score stood at 6 for the fighter in blue and 0 for red. I'm not very familiar with the scoring system of boxing that's why without a blink I watched every fighters move. Several punches were given by both fighters but still I can't figure out how the judges are able to give a point or two.

Midway through the third round, the fighter in red delivered series of combinations that stunned and staggered his opponent, the scoreboard then awarded one point while the referee was giving the mandatory count to the fighter in blue.

Then at the start of the final round, crunching head and body shots sent the fighter in blue sprawling to the canvas and miraculously the electronic scoreboard awarded yet another point. Why only a point? It was a flurry of punches that put the other fighter down. But the outcome was beyond question as the referee had stopped the fight.

I switched off the TV. Disappointed, really disappointed, I still haven't figured out the scoring system.

Next time I will concentrate on archery and trap shooting at least players get their point based on the number of hits. Or maybe swimming and track and field where the first runners or swimmers to cross the finish line are declared the winners.


by: The Flagman