Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I woke up with a terrible headache in fact I staggered and almost did not make it to the bathroom. Something must be wrong with me, is it sleep deprivation or simply fatigue after days for the preparation of our company float for the 4th of July parade.

I called in sick and the good doctor came and reined me in with sedatives and a few cold medicines that should keep me still within the next 8hours. But before consciousness left me my thoughts were still on the preparation we made for the parade.

We are a small company that sells brewed coffee, much like Starbucks but really smaller in scope. Though we had already expanded to 10 shops, we only cater to areas around downtown Seattle. Even with rain incessantly drenching Seattle, our company managed to meet customer's needs and for the last five years we have stayed afloat. This year we aim to join to the 4th of July parade, hopefully to advertise more clearly that we are here for good.

To really make a statement, our design crew devised a giant horizontal coffee canister, and then carved out a flat surface at the top to accommodate the huge coffee mug much like the mug we serve our customer's. Complete with our company name and logo, we used it to sit an actor dressed like Uncle Sam complete with hat.

The general backdrop was a large spoon at the back of the mug and carries a billowing American Flag. While hundreds of company pennant streamers adorn the sides of the float.

Overall, the effect was fascinating, but I won't be around to enjoy the festivities because I am literally strapped to my bed.


by: The Flagman