Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I was drinking coffee at my verandah and was pre-occupied with thoughts about the invasion of Iraq, if it was the catalyst that finally pushed oil to over 100dollars a barrel, will our economic situation ever improve, or what will happen to the USA now that Bush' term is finally coming to an end, can I trust Obama over McCain to handle the delicate foreign policy protocol?

There are a lot of uncertainties, what ifs, then I stood up to get a glass of water when my eye caught sight of my neighbors American Flag and pole. Then my thought shifted, what if flags were not used, what other forms of patriotic symbols could have evolved.

I must be really getting old, imagine subjects like this already bugging me. But on second thoughts, do you know that we are a flag crazy nation? I read from the statistics recently that as much as 75% of Americans wave flags, making us number one around the world.

Unbelievable, but that is the truth? In my experience I would say that flags have a special place in my heart, I find it empty if flags and banners are not included in celebrations.

Just like the 4th of July we wave flags; when we cheer for our favorite teams we wave flags; when we altered our office interior decor we included the flag; when we go to church the pulpit has it; even when we devised a new landscaping scheme for our garden as always we include lighting for flagpoles and garden flags.

We can't seem to live without it (flags), don't you think the statistics is right after all?


by: The Flagman