Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, September 15, 2008
Recently I attended a debriefing intended for smokers and the presentation was really frightening. In a power point presentation, it shows in lucid details about lung and throat cancers, the stains on the gums and fingers not to mention that it accelerates heart disease, diabetes, miscarriage and birth defects for pregnant women, aging and so on, the list is really long.

Maybe, I was horrified by the extent of the damage brought by smoking, so I always remind my friends to look more closely into no smoking custom flags and banners that are posted at strategic places. Since I don't smoke, I can always joke about it that probably irritates my friends.

One time I ask a friend why his doctor has not prescribed that he quit smoking. Well, he said that all doctors do, and when indeed I'm required to stop I simply visit another doctor one that can tolerate my smoking. What about magazines that print horrible photos on the effects of smoking, he simply shrugged his shoulders saying that he refused to look at it.

Almost all of my friends that are smokers know the perils, but they do not desire to quit simply because of the satisfaction they get, and not even the worst case scenario being projected by medical practitioners could entice them to change.

But studies have revealed that second hand smoke also carries the same health risk as primary smokers do, that is why it becomes necessary that smokers must be banned from public places.

It (ban) should be required in bars and restaurants, government and private offices, the subway, public parks, to protect citizens and reduce the incidence of smoking related diseases.


by: The Flagman