Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Friday, April 10, 2009
I was with some friends today - - some gay and lesbian friends to be exact. Actually, they are my group mates for the thesis that we are obliged to make. I was never used to joining these group of people because of the bad publicity that they have been getting. However, somehow I learned to accept and appreciate them. I don't understand why some people despise them so much and why some hate them to death. These people that we sometimes avoid and neglect are actually more spectacular than the normal people we meet. My gay friend for one, is feminine and masculine at the same time. He can do hard labor like men but be artistic like a woman. These people are really amazing, we just have to dig deep to know them.

Anyway when we were in our friends home, particularly in his room, I noticed this pride flag. Out of curiosity I asked why is it hanging and why are my other friends amazed? He just simply said "it just represents our rights as us". Well, I guess some little things can change some people's life. Pride flags may be nothing to most of us but to my friends and the other gay and lesbian people, they mean a lot.

It somehow gives them pride and happiness. And this happiness radiates among us. Unfortunately, some people can be unappreciative or jealous of what these people can do. That's why they can't help but notice them and ridicule them. I guess it hurts to see those talents that you can never have, seeing them in unique people that will never be your friends. In my point of view, we should try to put ourselves in these people's shoe even just for a day. This way then we can surely understand and see the beauty of being truly free.


by: The Flagman