Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Friday, March 27, 2009
Earlier today we had a filming viewing about the crisis in the atmosphere and it was all about the ozone layer being destroyed. The video was so old but it was educational. Most of the video took place in Switzerland. In the video, scientists noticed that there was a global warming phenomenon because the glaciers in Switzerland were melting. As explained in the video the reason for the global warming was because of the greenhouse gases being released by industries that use fossil fuels. The greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane serve as a thermostat for the planet but the excessive greenhouse gases in the atmosphere causes the global warming phenomenon which in turn can cause catastrophic events. The video showed some clips of glaciers melting and making the water level go up.

After the clip our teacher discussed the facts and showed us the flag of Switzerland. Along with the facts comes the dreaded assignment and so we had to research about the country itself. As I was researching I was surprised about the facts that Switzerland had unveiled.

Along with the wondrous mountains Switzerland has wonderful glaciers which can be considered as miracles of nature. I guess the glaciers are the cause of the water that is considered as the cleanest water in the world. Another discovery was that the great Albert Einstein came from Switzerland. I also had it in my gut that Switzerland was unlike any other country, having the cleanest water which supports life and having great souls that changed the history of the world. Before I ended the research I took a final glance at the flag of Switzerland and the view of the Swiss plateau. I thought to myself, why people have to destroy things that are beautiful? I guess I couldn't understand today but I hope tomorrow will give me an answer.


by: The Flagman