Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Thursday, March 19, 2009
I heard from my supervisor the other day what his friend told him. If I recall correctly his friend told him that the poor should all be killed because they are unproductive. I couldn't believe what I heard. I believed that by now, at this age of humanity and with the people having sense and rationality discrimination is a thing of the past, well, I was wrong.

People of all ages and gender are still suffering from tyranny and discrimination. I could not tell by just listening to those words what is really happening so I decided to go out and see for myself what is happening with the world. As I was walking down the street I saw this pride flag and I don't even know what it stands for. With the use of the internet I took time to find out what the flag means. I know that it is the symbol of the LGBT community and it is used as a symbol of gay pride. Reflecting on what I researched I remembered a few incidents in my life that really struck me. I used to see gay people in my high school days being beaten up to the point that there mouths bled, and sad to say I didn't do anything.

I guess people should respect the LGBT community, and their pride flag should be honored. Let us face it, most of the creative people and those who made innovations in designs and fashion have come from the LGBT community. These talented individuals have changed the world and made it colorful, we should at least give them respect because like us they are also humans and most of them even work harder than us and instead of discriminating them why not learn from them? I am not saying that we all be converted, I am saying that we should respect their sexual preference and their humanity.


by: The Flagman