Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, March 17, 2009
I was always fascinated about the middle age wars. The tales from the Middle Ages starting for Merlin to King Arthur and his knights of the round table to Beowulf and his adventures have been my favorite treats before I go to sleep. As the years went by and as I learned to love to read more books I found a liking to the Vikings of Sweden. They were the brute and ruthless people that have invaded parts of Europe through raids. To feed my curiosity and to heighten up my knowledge about this people I have discovered more than just the mythical raiders of Europe I found the country's beauty itself. The flag of Sweden, a blue flag with a yellow Scandinavian cross extends to the edges of the flag is simple if you would look at it but to know the country itself is more fascinating.

As I have read through books, I have seen some majestic views of the place. One was the Lapporten mountain pass in Lapland. The view was amazing and the thought of going there and visit really gets me going. Another view to behold in Sweden is the sunset over Lake Vattern, the beauty of the sunset itself is romantic and fit for any lover who would want to spend time with each other.

More than the views, Sweden is also proud about the success of their people. Alfred Nobel came from Sweden, the inventor of dynamite and institutor of the Nobel Prize. Another thing that made Sweden known was ABBA, the Swedish pop quartet that took the world by storm. The last thing that I would want to share about Sweden is their 190 meter tall Turning Torso, it's a skyscraper that has a marvelous design and as the name suggests, it looks like a turning torso. All of this achievements and success has brought glory to the flag of Sweden and I hope I can visit that country and experience it first hand.


by: The Flagman