Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, March 9, 2009
When I was small (and literally small too!) I have always been fond of looking at knights in their glorious moments in televisions, pictures in books, and in video games that featured such images. They ride on a sleek strong proud horse, wear a sturdy lustrous armor and make it look so light, a sword sheathed on their waist. They gallantly rode through the deluge of people cheering for them, their left hand driving the horse and the other, an extravagant looking crest flag of such "grand-ness". Seeing such images, as a child, always made me drool about how they delivered an impressive show of force, without even drawing the sword.

Such admiration for such things led me to do what every child would do: imitate them! Well, hey, I was a kid. Need I say more? I requested my dad to give me a toy sword as a birthday gift. Lo and behold, he gave a toy sword which I actually have until now . . . and I still play with it sometimes, too. A few months later I opted for the expensive looking flag of ..err ... grandeur but no, he didn't give me one. Not at all, said it was expensive and not worth it. Said I should be content of the toy sword. That day was where my obsession about knights stopped but it didn't mean I stopped admiring them.

Years passed by my admiration about knights slightly faded. Years of reality knocked some sense into me. Being a knight meant I'd have to be ready to die for the country, for the people, and I wasn't totally raised to be the patriotic type. Even it meant me not being able to carry the crest flag, I'd happily pass. But the image of the glorious knight in shining armor still lingers in my head.


by: The Flagman