Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, March 23, 2009
Saying goodbye is sweet sorrow, but after my experience with saying farewell to some of my friends, I discovered that goodbye is just the start of another joyride in life.

But, yeah, it was fun. We were in the sun, the weather was perfect that day. The clouds were in a shade of cerulean, the sea was perfectly clear. Some of my friends were grilling fish and pork chops, as we were sipping our tall glasses filled with ripe mango shake. Ah, what a perfect day it was. And what a perfect day to have fun.

I couldn't remember how to get to that place but it was like a cool paradise. The sands were white, there were colored twirler flags near the shore, and small pennant streamers hanging all over like festival decorations, fluttering happily in the pleasantly cold breeze.

Cool summer music was playing even though it was late December. What can you expect? It was in the tropics. The weather is almost always nice there.

At night we made a bonfire and had that one really sentimental moment. That was it, it was time to say goodbye. We knew that when we wake up the next day,we might never see each other again. We were sad, because it's the end of another part of our lives; because we knew each of us might only be a fragment of each other's memory. But we were happy, I guess, because we all now become part of something else; we'll go on and make new memories. It was something to remember. We gave each other bracelets and messages and all that cheesy but very heartfelt stuff.

I didn't get to sleep that night. Instead I sat beside my friends who didn't want to sleep either, underneath the star-filled sky; watching the waves dance in the moonlight. It was magical, it was the first time I saw the moon glow a brilliant gold, shining like a fairy-like spotlight in the dark sea. We remembered the good old times as we waited to watch the sun rise.

It was time to go home. It was what seemed to be the last time I'll ever have fun with them as a young person. I know one day we'd see each other again, but I don't think we'd still bother talking about the simple things in life, not like we did before. Maybe we'll just talk about what job we have, or if any of us got married or had kids. All that serious stuff makes me feel like I don't really want to reach my 30's just yet!


by: The Flagman