Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Wednesday, April 8, 2009
The land down under! The flag of Australia wears this name. I don't understand why it is called so but as I have heard this country is a beauty. Although the beaches of Australia are shark infested, the beaches and the swimming areas are relaxing. I have seen the movie entitled Australia starring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. As seen from my own eyes, most of the scenes depicted in the movie showed Australia as a desolate country. Heat, dust and the desert was all I could see. The movie as a whole was good, the story was awesome and the acting was superb. Knowing that the film was set in the 1930's, my curiosity drove me to research about Australia. The new Australia is quite a beauty basing on the pictures and facts given on the internet. I saw this picture of the Super Pit which is Australia's largest open cut gold mine. I could imagine people and machinery working at the site and from a hawk's eye view they would look like ants and beetles.

Another thing that aroused my curiosity for this country was the news I once read. It was a job offer that would pay you as much as six digits and what you will do is survey an island that seemed like a paradise. I couldn't remember if the government of Australia was shouldering the expenses for the salary or was it some rich guy who just wants to make someone happy. According to the news that I received, Australia is a pretty good place to work. Enjoying the scenery and the pay, Australia is one of the destinations of career-oriented people.

As of tonight, the flag of Australia is one of my destinations. Another two years in college won't hurt and Australia won't run. I just hope that a job awaits me there when I come.


by: The Flagman