Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, April 14, 2009
I was always nationalistic. I dreamed of being a soldier serving my own country and fighting under that military flag that symbolizes the defense of the country I love and treasure. When I was a kid I imagined being a colonel, making absolute and faultless strategies that would crush and make the pillars of the enemy crumble. I used to dream of delivering speeches to my co soldiers and boosting their morale while bringing home medals to my home.

I used to daydream about coming home and seeing my family happy to see me with all the medals attached to my uniform. I wanted to make those dreams a reality so I took an entrance exam for a military school. I gave it all I've got from the physical exam to the intellectual exam and hoped for the best. I prayed every single night to God so that I would be accepted and soon enough the results showed that I passed. I was registered to a military school, a school which held the pride of the whole country. The view and facilities were great and the military flags were hoisted on the center field. That day was a dream come true for me. Years passed and finally I graduated, it was time to serve and protect my country. I was nervous and the same time excited to go to the battlefield and join the heroes that would fight for the country.

At a time of war everything changes in an instant. No one comes back from a war unchanged. Now, I pray each night, asking help from God to release me from the bondage of war. The painful memories and the agony, I wish to be free once more, not knowing anything nor disturbed by nightmares. I want to sleep with no ghosts of the past haunting me.


by: The Flagman