Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Friday, May 8, 2009
If people think that feather flags are for decorating only, I say it has many uses. The flags can tell us wind directions and wind speed. Usually you see these flags swaying with the wind as if they were wind vanes telling people wind direction but when they sway hard they give a sound. A minor booming sound that is, that tells wind speed. Unlike the anemometer that measures wind speed feather flags were somewhat created to predict wind speed and give color and decoration to any terrain. Amazing isn't it?

Sometimes it makes me think that golfer's instinct in shooting is because of the said feather flag. When you're a golfer I believe wind direction and wind speed are key factors for that winning shot. If you have seen the Tiger Woods commercial for Accenture, Woods utilized every aspect to get a better angle of the shot and land a perfect one too. I find it amazing how people create things with multiple functions. If you would ask me I just look at flags like sheets that either resembles a country or a business or an endorser. I looked at them that simply up until now.

I guess things have other uses even if it's simple, like using a flag for a blanket or a wind vane which is not an option of many. Same goes for people too. We all wear masks and we tend to hide what's good in us, therefore some people see us as worthless but that's only at first sight. Sometimes we just have to take a second look at people but the second time around it should be closer. That's what I learned from someone in the past, he was always aware of things and before he talks he puts himself in that certain person's shoes which is really nice.



by: The Flagman