Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, April 27, 2009
Hotel and restaurant management is the course that is popular amongst Filipino students nowadays. One reason they want to engage in this particular is to have the chance to go abroad and have a good job to sustain and help their families. At some point some of those who have different career plans shift to hotel and restaurant management even if they don't like it because they think it's more practical to feed their families than have their owns dreams come true. If we think of it, being practical is necessary we should give up those fancy dreams and just go with reality, but is this really true?

I have come across a lot of job fairs here in the Philippines which offer jobs for HRM students, some of which showcase hotel flags where in they could select the hotel they want to apply in. I would often hear some say that even if the hotel offers a low salary they would gladly take the job because for them it's an opportunity then instead of a smile you would see gloomy eyes. Is this the price of practicality? Or is this the result of pressures form being poor?

If I would be asked I would chase my dreams rather than succumb to the pressures. According to one of my professors in college, it is much important to go with a course you love rather than go for a course you don't love but feeds you. He also added that even if the course feeds you and makes you rich, it's still like any other jobs you start from the bottom to go to the top. He said that he pities those who chase hotel flags instead of chasing their dreams (referring to HRM students) if they only chase their dreams it's much easier for them to be progressive and successful. I smiled at his comments and before I left he added "look at me I'm successful and the best thing about it, I love my profession".


by: The Flagman