Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, April 21, 2009
"The sun is like our hot neighbor. It makes our day bright. I love our hot neighbor. I love the sun." I wrote that about nine years ago, in fifth grade science class, when asked to write something about our most beloved star. It didn't take that long before I learned that almost everybody in the world felt the same way. In geography class, it was stunning to realize the number of countries whose flags have the sun symbol on them. That simple fact continues to baffle me until now. At that time, I didn't even know that Japan's flag was all about the rising sun. The young romantic I way back then would have thought of that red circle as a rough representation of the heart. I still do right now, but of course I know better. Anyway the heart and the sun doesn't differ a lot in my point of view. A while ago I mentioned that I love the sun, didn't I?

Hailed as the land of the rising sun, Japan is living up to its moniker in almost all imaginable aspects. Culturally, Technologically, Economically, name it and Japan surely has something to boast about it. Even Japanese women are making a mark globally. Who can forget Riyo Mori and her Miss Universe 2007 title? Even the internet is brimming with beautiful Japanese models. Now it wouldn't be so hard to say "Japan is like our hot neighbor... as hot as the rising sun."

In the near future when I grow filthy rich, I'd probably consider a global tour that jumps off from Japan. I'll spend my time planning all the beautiful things ahead in a hot spring that has a full view of Mt. Fuji. Every morning, I'll be on the lookout for that beautiful sunrise and realize how it always reminds us of a good day ahead. Just like our hot neighbor.


by: The Flagman