Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Simplicity is beauty.

A quote that struck me long before I knew what beauty was. I always appreciate beauty even if it is little or great and I seldom miss things that are beautiful. Back then beauty for me was being lavish and intricate. Like the design of a peacock's tail I appreciated anything that was bright and sophisticated. I go to beaches and hate the blank flags that sway with the wind for in my eyes I find them simple, unelegant and dull. My friends would criticize me for being so cruel about petty things and for being vain but I cannot blame them for I saw beauty that way. I am appreciated by many for having a great taste in things and designs. At times I hear them say that I had gift for noticing beauty and it would always make me proud.

Until one night everything changed. I saw beauty and elegance and it was not sophisticated yet I found it beautiful, magnificent beyond words. There she stood with that white dress across the room and I could not take my eyes off of her. She was simple and yet her beauty was radiating all over the room. Her smile was majestic and like blank flags on the beaches I swayed with the wind that changed my perception of beauty.

In an instant my outlook was changed, right then and there I knew that simplicity was the highest form of beauty, a beauty that can never be expressed by words or by letters. I approached her and looked at her up close seeing every detail of her face and if it wasn't for my friend I could have melted right in front of her.

Truly, simplicity is beauty and that beauty I saw came with a name, a name that was etched in the deepest corner of my memory, a girl named Krenn.


by: The Flagman