Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Friday, May 1, 2009
The Philippine flag is what students and teachers look up to every morning at school for the flag ceremony. They sing the national anthem while looking up to the red and blue stripes while singing gladly to praise the three stars and the sun. However, some Filipinos look to flag as a sign of dismay. Some look up to it and think when the glorious days will come. According to many, the country itself is drowning and will never rise again. If you would listen to some bystanders or listen to students, they blame corruption for the poverty they are experiencing.

In my point of view, corruption is the main reason why the Philippines and other countries experience poverty but the ones causing the harm are the ones who are complaining. In the Philippines, most people complain that politicians in office are corrupt. But if the people would look back, they were the ones who voted for these people to be in power. It is true that people realize their mistakes after the damage has been done and that is what's happening in the Philippines.

If I would look at the Philippine flag nowadays, instead of seeing three stars and a sun, I see a dying sun and three falling stars. I ask myself will the glory ever come or will the sorrow never end? Then I look at some people whether they be politicians or civilians and I see some of them trying to make a change. I say to myself that there is still a glimpse of hope, we just have to neglect corruption that we have inherited long before we were born.

Things do change and time indeed passes. I hope that the three stars and the sun will rise again and give light to the flag that some already have forgotten.


by: The Flagman