Previous Posts
Archives

Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Thursday, April 24, 2008
I really wanted to join the Boston Marathon this year but I didn't have the time to prepare a couple of weeks before the event since I was just too busy meeting deadlines and running some errands that my mother had requested. And when I finally had my free time, it was already too late to start the exercise regimen for the said event. So I ended up supporting my friends who have joined in.

Participants of the marathon crowded in the Athlete's Village in Hopkinton before it started. There I saw more than a thousand runners; some sitting on the benches while listening to their iPods or reading newspapers; others were lying either on the ground or the tarpaulin that they have brought with them; several where walking through and fro, most likely nervous about the marathon; and a few were busy stretching and jogging, probably preparing their body for the long run.

When the marathon started, I proceeded to the finish line in Bolyston Street so that I would be able to see the winner of the race; likewise to cheer for my friends when they are near the end of the event. When I arrived at the area, I was overwhelmed with the lovely sight, organizers filled it with colorful street banners hanged and posted on every section. And the multitude of people at the site even adds up to the liveliness of the area. Both young and old were patiently waiting, bringing with them support banners and flags for their loved ones.


by: The Flagman