Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Walking around the city on Easter Monday gives you a renewed feeling of quietude and inner peace. For large Christian cultures, this day is considered as a national holiday. And since I am a Roman Catholic living and working in a Christian community, I had the day for myself. I initially thought of spending the whole day at home and do some house cleaning, or maybe spend the whole day sleeping. But I soon found the whole idea boring and so I decided to walk around town in search of interesting stuff.

I chose the downtown park near the city hall as my destination. The park which was decorated with colorful Easter flags never run out of people and street vendors. You would easily notice the happy mood that engulfs the place. I myself frequent the place on weekends after football practice, where I get to hang out with my team mates while munching on some delicious street foods that come cheap.

On my way to the park, I passed the biggest cathedral in the city. Though this was the church where I got my baptism, I seldom visit and attend masses in here anymore. Since we moved to the suburbs, I preferred attending mass in a nearby church. But despite feeling of a long absence, I felt a profound connection with the cathedral.

The mass has recently ended and it was quiet now. Only yellow and white blank flags are visibly moving in the churchyard. These flags were used as decorations for the Easter celebration.

The solemnity of the place reminded me of the value of Easter for us Christians. So before I moved on to my city walk, I said a prayer in the church, to prepare myself for whatever the futures has in store for me and my family. This probably was the most humbling Easter egg hunt I ever did. I didn't find eggs, but I found something more important and that was peace.


by: The Flagman