Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, May 18, 2009
I've been watching college basketball lately, and needless to say, the school spirit makes the game even more electrifying. That's from an onlooker's point of view, what more if you're on the court and playing the game?

Imagine a hundred supporters wearing your school's colors, buoyantly cheering from the bleachers while waving your college flag. They are passionately encouraging the team to score, while trying to beat the opposition's cheers. Every loose ball sends cheers all around the stadium. Every mistake elicits a sigh from the supporters. Every basket made makes the crowd go berserk. If that's not daunting enough for you, you either have nerves of steel, or you're just in denial. Sooner or later the crowd will get to you, and that's when the adrenaline starts to kick into your system.

To be able to represent your college in any competition will always be something special. It's a feeling that I went through during my second year, when I played a single season for the school's basketball team. It's been three years since then, but the whenever I recount every single moment I played on the hard court, the feeling seems to be still fresh. I guess it's all about the pride, as you want your school to be a cut above the rest. And then there's the glory and the fame that comes with it. Winning games for your school makes you some sort of a local hero.


If time travel was a reality, I'd be glad to go back to the days when I was playing ball for my school. I'll probably try new things, but the old ways of winning will always be the same. And when I make that game winning buzzer beater from way beyond the arc, I know I'll surely be signing college flags hours, even days after the game just like I always do. Well, at least in my dreams.


by: The Flagman