Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Tuesday, October 6, 2009
One morning, I just saw via my YM or Yahoo Messenger address list that one of my friends made a hate mail to a leading telecommunications company in our country. He used it as a status message. Then I talked to him and asked him what the problem was. He said that since that morning, he didn't have any form of service on his cell phone. No signal, no messages, no calls, nothing. Then he went on about how he was very phone dependent and that all he couldn't work because of that mishap. He just spent the rest of the day fuming.

When we talked, I also talked to him about how dependent I was on my phones (not just one, but two!) and how I conduct business through these phones. If I left one phone at home, I'd come back to fetch it, even if I'm already standing in front of my office's flagpole. When I'm without just one of my phones, I feel like a set of blank flags, just waiting for the next best thing to come.

I knew this wasn't necessarily a good thing. After all, cell phones are mere THINGS, and they will always have tendencies to break down and fail you. Remember the time when you needed to pass a paper and your printer broke down the night before? Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The thing is, we can't depend everything on technology and we should start detaching ourselves away from it.

Yes, no matter how hard it may seem.



by: The Flagman