Custom Street Pole Banners - Custom Feather Flags


Monday, September 22, 2008
As the bus I was riding home took the right turn, I was full of anticipation as the park that I grew up with was just around the bend. You see I've been away for some time, since my work as an accountant kept me saddled at my office in Lower Manhattan, New York City. This will be actually my first trip back home.

As the park came into view, disappointment crept in, the place looks just like the way I left it. The park equipment are still few and rusting, although the trees have grown so big that it gave the area enough cover during the dry season. The park benches are practically placed at the areas I can remember most and a few strollers are lazily moving about, and the rest are busy reading their daily paper.

Just then, I saw the American Flag waving gaily at the pole, as if in salutation and welcome for my trip home. Then I smiled, what happened to the love of my life? My first girlfriend, we used to frequent the park and made our vows, our dreams and promised just about everything right at the foot of the commercial flagpole. We were a twosome at the time, and everybody thought we were made for each other.

But fate intervened, his family moved to Wisconsin and that was the end of it. Although we had a few letters, the distance may have taken its toll because eventually we parted. I moved to New York to study and took my first job seriously.

As for my first love, we never saw each other again.


by: The Flagman